See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
March 28, 2024, 01:51:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Video Games!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Games!  (Read 1460 times)
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2007, 01:57:13 pm »

Anyone here like video games? If so what games do you like and what systems do you have?

Disscuss.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

OutBreak
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:26 pm »

I play socom on psp.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:38:58 pm »

I consider myself to be very much a gamer, and a Nintendo fanboy. I have a Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance (and Pocket, too), Nintendo DS (Original/Phat), and a Wii. I also PC game a little. I got the Star Wars Best of PC (Best. Deal. Ever.) and play the Halo PC demo (even better deal: free).

I like pretty much all types of games. Of course there's the Zelda and Mario series (although I never liked the Mario games that much). I enjoy FPSes (Star Wars Battlefront 1, Halo PC, Timesplitters Future Perfect). I like the occasional handheld RPG (Golden Sun rocks!). The only sports games I like are NHL Hitz and Wii Sports. I like Advance Wars (a turn-based strategy handheld game). I also like some games that defy classification: Trauma Center and Boktai, to name two.

So, yeah...I'm a gamer. Unfortunately, I don't like to bring my systems to college and so I haven't played my Wii in wiiks (couldn't resist). Fortunately, I have Battlefront and Halo to get me through withdrawal.

Edit
I almost forgot to ask: So, what do you play, Mega?

Edit 2
How could I forget Super Smash Bros. ?!?!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:42:15 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:12:05 pm »

What do I play I like to play? heh I like Megaman...In fact.....I probably could best be described as one of those infamous "Megaman freaks". grin   I also like sports game mainly 2k sports games, I also dig strategy games like Age of Empires and Stronghold.

As for consoles:
I have a GBA SP, PC, PS2 and a Wii.

I have over 60 PS2 games.....

I used to have original NES with 30+ games but my Mom threw it out. tongue

I recently picked up Need for Speed: Carbon...Its absolutely sweet! But since I got my Wii I started buying Gamecube games....Right now I'm playing Zelda: Wind Waker.

I'm also heavily into older DOS classics Like Duke Nukem and Commander Keen....
I also like some games that defy classification: Trauma Center

Whats that game like anyway? It looked rather odd.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:14:15 pm by Megamannt92 » Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:17 pm »

Trauma Center is awesome, but I don't really know how to describe it...

I guess you could almost picture it as a puzzle game. Yes...each surgery is like a board that you need to clear. Accomplish the required tasks in the right order quickly and without making too many mistakes, and and you clear the puzzle/surgery.

Don't let the whole puzzle thing discourage you though (if you don't like puzzle games). Actually, I never even thought of it that way until just now. If you have the chance, I'd definitely suggest getting Under the Knife (for DS) or Second Opinion (Wii). They're basically the same game, but the interfaces are totally different. I definitely like the Wii's tool selection and it has better gesture rcognition, but the DS's touch screen feels so good.

heh I like Megaman

*smacks self upside the head*
I seriously did not even think about that.

If your looking for good Gamecube games (those in the know call it the GCN), I would suggest:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (cannot stress that enough)
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II (not III, because it sucks)
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil 4
Ikaruga (if you can find it)
Viewtiful Joe
Custom Robo
Spartan Total Warrior
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Robotech: Battlecry
Gotcha Force

Some of those are multi-platform so you might already have them but...there you go. I have tons more games, but I for some reason I just can't remember them (I had to look up a list of Gamecube online just to remember these). I need to do some serious GCN gaming over spring break...

And start building the FBBLR  grin

Oh, and good luck on Wind Waker. You're going to need it if you're a completist. I got everything except the pictobox statues. There was no way I was going to get ~300 hundred statues 3 (or fewer) at a time.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 11:47:59 am »

I always Liked the Smash Brothers for N64. I'll have to buy that sometime....
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II

My friend said that game is was the best game ever for N64.....Thanks for the list of suggestions I'll look some up.

Has anyone played the PS3 yet? My friend bought one, but I'm yet to try it.

*smacks self upside the head*
I seriously did not even think about that.

I really hope that they make a continuation to the Megaman Legends series for the Wii....I tell Ya the Wii may have a lower spec, but I think it has by more potential for unique games.     

Just look at The Rayman game....That game is crazy (but awesome).

I got everything except the pictobox statues. There was no way I was going to get ~300 hundred statues 3 (or fewer) at a time.

I wish That thing could hold more pictures! By the way...What on earth do you give to that guy who wants that picture of that "pale round thing"?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:49:39 am by Megamannt92 » Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:45 pm »

I tell Ya the Wii may have a lower spec, but I think it has by more potential for unique games.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyway, the "pale, round thing" is the moon. The guy that asks for that picture looks at the moon at night on some balcony.

Yes, the original Rogue Squadron was a great game and Rogue Leader builds on its greatness. The only not so good thing is that a lot of the missions are based on the movies.

My favorite missions are always those that don't take place in the movies. I played "Search for the Nonnah" and "Blockade on Chandrilla" were my favorites in the original, and "Razor Rendezvous" and "Vengeance on Kothlis" in Rogue Leader. The only really good movie level is "Battle of Endor" in Rogue Leader.

On the other hand, Rebel Strike (Rogue Squadron III) sucked. They ruined it with non-flight levels and even on-foot levels (the ones as Luke as a Jedi were the worst). Even the flight levels weren't as good. Actually, the only good thing about Rebel Strike is that you can play all of the Rogue Leader Levels in Co-op (but only co-op...so you have to buy Rogue Leader to play single player).

Curse you, Megaman! Now I'll be playing Rogue Squadron all weekend instead of studying for my Chemistry exam. Oh well...
Report Spam   Logged
OutBreak
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 03:47:55 pm »

I really like war games, and strategy games.
Report Spam   Logged
Lance
Level 2 Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:22:54 pm »

Counterstrike... enuf said. grin
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 09:22:19 am »

Curse you, Megaman! Now I'll be playing Rogue Squadron all weekend instead of studying for my Chemistry exam. Oh well...

Haha sorry. Speaking of Star wars games, ever play Star Wars episode III? The graphics are simply the best I've ever seen on a PS2. Thanks for that hint about the moon too!
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:19:39 am »

My brother has that game. Thesingle playerand co-op kind of sucked, but the duels were pretty cool. I don't remember the graphics, but I suppose that they were alright.

Funny story:
My brother and my teenage (actually, he might have already been 20) cousin were dueling on that game. My cousin was playing as that girl Jedi with two lightsabers. One of my young cousins (only 4 or 5 years old) comes over and asks who is playing as who. When my cousin says he's playing as the girl, my little cousin says "You're pretty" laugh

My older cousin just said "Thanks."
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 08:23:27 am »

Haha Funny thing in that game whenever you get in a sabre-lock, everyone mushes the buttons.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 09:15:04 pm »

Haha Funny thing in that game whenever you get in a sabre-lock, everyone mushes the buttons.

Yeah, I like it when there are semi-scripted actions dictated by button presses. Resident Evil 4 has lots of those. I think God of War does, too (I've never played it, but I've seen videos).
Report Spam   Logged
robonerfer
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 07:44:48 pm »

I have lots of systems.
Here's a list:(oldest to newest)
super nintendo
nintendo 64
playstation
game boy color
playstation 2
gamecube
xbox
wii
and around 150 games total.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:09 pm »

What PS2 games you got?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum