See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 18, 2024, 06:03:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Treeline Standoff

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Treeline Standoff  (Read 353 times)
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:20:20 pm »

We need more tactics! Well, we need other stuff, too, but I was already in here in the Tactics forum so...

Here's my strategy/tactic for a treeline standoff that I posted on Nerf HQ:

1. Here's the situation. Six red team members are taking cover in the trees while six blue team members are out in no man's land.

2. Blue team sends two members left (or right, it doesn't matter) to distract the enemy. Red team will probably be using long range, bulky, low ROF guns since they have cover and thus will be vulnerable to a rush for the few seconds it takes to switch guns. Speed is critical, so the distractors are fairly lightly armed. Each would only carry one or two relatively small, medium range, high ROF guns.

3. This is probably only going to distract the one or two leftmost red team members; the rest must concentrate on holding back the remaining blues. As long as the two-man blue team can get to cover, they should be okay. At this time, while the reds are still concerned about their right flank, the four blues move to their right (the red's left flank).

4. Again, speed is critical here. The four reds will require some time to get their rush suppressors, but not much. If the blues can get into the trees quickly enough, they will have two advantages:
           a. The red team is now trapped in a pincer (as long as the distractors are still in the game)
           b. The blues have "crossed the T," forming a line perpendicular to the reds.

The reds now have a decision to make. They can move left and overwhelm the blue distractors (but leaving their backs open to the four blues), move deeper into the woods, move out into the open field (thus reversing the team's positions), or stay put. In any case, the reds will be disorganized and the blues will no longer be out in the open facing an enemy with good cover.

This plan would definitely have more chance of success if the blues outnumbered the reds and/or the reds mainly had low rate of fire guns (since the battle will go from relatively long range to a short range brawl in the trees via two rushes).

Tell me what you think! Am I a tactical genius or a noob who has no idea what he's talking about? Do you have suggestions for improvement?

Don't forget to post any of your own strategies (and diagrams, I think, would be appreciated). If they're unrelated to this, please make a new topic.

PS: I've never Nerfed outdoors, so most of this is just stuff I've heard of/seen in war stories and video games.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Meiser5
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:35:31 pm »

Here is a good tactic to use. It is called flanking. Lets say blue-team is in a ditch with about four guys with high ROF guns... AKA Ms, RF20, whatever. And you have two guys with you. One has a Ms, and you and the other guy each have a Ls and a BBB. The guy with the Magstrike and you find a good spot to just fire at the enemy while the guy with the t and BBB moves around to the left or right. You and the other person lay down heavy suppressive fire, (Basically, just shoot the hell out of the enemy), while the other guy sneeks up on the enemy while ther heads are down and wastes them at point blank range.

Meiser5--- afro
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »

I don't believe in pre decided tactics, you need to think on your feet to be really good.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum