See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 18, 2024, 07:16:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Bi-Pod

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bi-Pod  (Read 407 times)
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2007, 04:47:26 am »

I was playing with my LBB yesterday and I thought a folding bi-pod would be good. I would need 2 unknown lengths of PVC or CPVC for the legs and about a 45 degree coupler. Anyone have any idea what I could use to make it fold up? If you don't, anyone know if 45 degree couplers would be about right or should i get a smaller amount of degrees? Off topic, I am getting some FBR today so I plan to right a big thing on how to make Stefans, for the new people.
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sourskittles772
Level 3 Poster

Clean ness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:35:30 am »

Cool. I just got a big blast like yesterday... SO I might do something similar.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:27 am »

I think that a 90 degree would be better. If you didn't notice, the 45 bend is actually a wider angle than 90 bend...those crazy PVC people.

Okay, here it is. It's simple, but it should work.

You need a 90 degree bend, two pieces of PVC, and two end caps (CPVC would work too as long as you can get all of the above). You'll also need a drill.

Drill a small whole in each endcap. To make this really simple, just get a piece of string. Put it through all the pieces of the bipod, as shown above, and tie just outside the end caps. Make sure that the string has enough slack that you can take both legs off of the 90 bend. If you don't want them  to dangle, you could make some kind of strap to hold them against the LBB's body when not in use. Then just undo the strap and press the pieces of PVC into the 90 bend.

Alternatively, you could replace the string with rubber bands or a bungee cord of some sort. If you do this, then (I think this will work) as soon as you loosen the strap the bipod will sort of pull itself together. The bad thing is you'll need a stronger strap to hold the bipod legs back.

A tip for length: make sure the height of the bipod is greater than the length of the grip, or you won't be able to elevate the LBB (since the grip will hit the ground). Note that the bipod height will be less than the length of the PVC legs, since they're angled.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:23:56 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 01:43:55 pm »

Hopefully my mom will take me to get some of that stuff. Another question I have is, how should I attatch it to the LBB, other than glue and tape.
Thanks for the advice Jwasko, also, what should I use to attach the dangling legs to the LBB when I'm running around? I'm thinking of just using some rope or something, any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 02:24:35 pm »

...what should I use to attach the dangling legs to the LBB when I'm running around?

I'm guessing you mean to keep them form swinging around when they're loose? I was thinking a fabric strap, with either a velcro or snap closure. If you use bungees or thick rubber bands to hold the assembly together, the velcro might not be strong enough to hold them down.

I'll get back to you for the part about attaching the 90 bend to the LBB.
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 03:04:43 pm »

Yeah, I just don't want them swinging around and hitting trees when I am running around. Also, would you find velcro and velcro straps at Home Depot or shout I take them off my Dart Tag Vest?
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 04:01:01 pm »

Actually, I would try something like Jo-Ann Fabrics or Michael's Crafts. I suppose a hardware store might have velcro, though.

Or I guess you could just "integrate" (laugh) part of your Dart Tag vest into it.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:08:06 am »

You can buy velcro strips Here: http://www.denverfabrics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DD0046&source=Froogle
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:57:18 pm »

A locking hinge held in place by epoxy.  I would actuallly prefer a spike monopod.  Then it is very simple and can be put on any gun.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum