See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
March 28, 2024, 06:09:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

SMANO

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMANO  (Read 500 times)
Tragonan
Level 1 Poster

He played it left handed!

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:17:59 pm »

This is how it went down up in Maine.

It was a battle of epic proportions. There was injury, and there was glory. It was a cold day on the battlefield, and shots were scarce. I sniped one mofo off that rock wall. Chea'.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:58:07 am by Tragonan » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tragonan
Level 1 Poster

He played it left handed!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:20:15 pm »

I'm the kid in the Grey Hoodie.
The rockwall =  ninja warrior!
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:23:07 pm »

Rockwall was the only good cover..

I'm the one in the plaid jacket.

EDIT:you said "there glory" not, "there was glory"..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:39:55 pm by Aguineapig » Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:26:50 pm »

I sniped

You said....Snipe! I shall ban you!

Wait...I said it too....I guess I have to ban myself as well. tongue

(J/K)

Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:55:05 pm »

I don't know why the @$$ wipes over at NH think there is no such thing as sniping in nerf.. Look at this article..

"The sniper has special abilities, training and equipment. His job is to deliver discriminatory highly accurate rifle fire against enemy targets, which cannot be engaged successfully by the rifleman because of range, size, location, fleeting nature, or visibility. Sniping requires the development of basic infantry skills to a high degree of perfection. A sniper's training incorporates a wide variety of subjects designed to increase his value as a force multiplier and to ensure his survival on the battlefield. The art of sniping requires learning and repetitiously practicing these skills until mastered. A sniper must be highly trained in long-range rifle marksmanship and field craft skills to ensure maximum effective engagements with minimum risk.

MISSION

The primary mission of a sniper in combat is to support combat operations by delivering precise long-range fire on selected targets. By this, the sniper creates casualties among enemy troops, slows enemy movement, frightens enemy soldiers, lowers morale, and adds confusion to their operations.

The secondary mission of the sniper is collecting and reporting battlefield information. a. A well-trained sniper, combined with the inherent accuracy of his rifle and ammunition, is a versatile supporting arm available to an infantry commander. The importance of the sniper cannot be measured simply by the number of casualties he inflicts upon the enemy. Realization of the sniper’s presence instills fear in enemy troop elements and influences their decisions and actions. A sniper enhances a unit’s firepower and augments the varied means for destruction and harassment of the enemy. Whether a sniper is organic or attached, he will provide that unit with extra supporting fire. The sniper’s role is unique in that it is the sole means by which a unit can engage point targets at distances beyond the effective range of an ordinary assault rifle. This role becomes more significant when the target is entrenched or positioned among civilians, or during riot control missions.

The fires of automatic weapons in such operations can result in the wounding or killing of noncombatants. Snipers are employed in all levels of conflict. This includes conventional offensive and defensive combat in which precision fire is delivered at long ranges. It also includes combat patrols, ambushes, counter sniper operations, forward observation elements, military operations in urbanized terrain, and retrograde operations in which snipers are part of forces left in contact or as stay-behind forces."

as you can tell, shooting from long ranges is not the only role of the sniper, its to move stealthily and taking out key enemy units and positions.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum