See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
March 28, 2024, 04:14:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

How to play and win...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to play and win...  (Read 311 times)
Zach
Level 1 Poster

Tortured Existence

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:23:14 pm »

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  You're in a match and somehow, somebody manages to catch you off guard, you get hit, and you're just wondering to yourself, "How the heck did that happen?"

I plan to tackle that with decent efficiency in this article of mine.

I'll tell you right now, it isn't possible to be completely prepared, because you'll never know what they picked up until you see it. At the same time, you'll always have the factor on your side.

One thing that's always important is the mindset. If you want to win, you have to want it with every last fiber of your being. You need to be completely driven. If you don't entirely want to win, you won't win as much.

The next point is the weapons. I personally try to keep something of everything on my person, just because anything can happen. I usually have a RF20, a NF or a LBB, and a Mav. Yeah, that's a lot, but it helps to have straps or holsters. If you play by positions (sharpshooter, warrior, raider, etc.) you need to carry weapons to suit that, along with a backup that decently contrasts your lineup so that you're well-rounded.

Now is for the ammo. Always have as much ammo as you can carry without significantly hindering your movement. Last thing you want to happen is be stranded in the middle of a firefight with little ammo to pick up. Yeah, it can happen. Also, if you have a gun that doesn't use conventional ammo, you DEFINITELY should have a lot of ammo for it, otherwise it becomes a useless block of plastic until you find some.

Next is the almost equally important lack of ammo. Now you're thinking, "Where the heck did his mind go?" Don't worry, it's firmly in place, now let me finish explaining. What  I'm talking about is the hand-to-hand factor. You'll never run out of ammo with a light saber, but a RF20 is spent in two seconds flat. If your war allows you, it's a good idea to carry a H2H weapon on you, just in case you do run out of ammo, but that won't happen because you've got a bunch of ammo on you, right?

Being in good shape also helps, but it definitely isn't imperative. It does help with endurance and just about everything else.

How you play the game is the most important factor of all. It's reckless to run right into the midst of battle, but it's harder to hit your target from afar. It's easy pickings if you ambush a group of people, but then there's a good chance you could get shot too since you went right into the open and prolly sent out a huge wave of ammo. If you rush a base, you've got a good chance of getting shot as well, but if you succeed, it's usually well worth it, especially when it has an ammo horde or something. It all depends on what sort of "danger" you're willing to face and your preferred playing style. I personally like to raid bases, it's the most rewarding, it's usually fun, and there's a reason to carry two RF20's.

To sum it up, you need to want to win, you need to carry weapons to suit, you need as much ammo as you can carry, H2H weapons help, being fit helps, and be ready for what you plan to do that round.

~Zach
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:24:57 pm by Zach » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:46:19 pm »

Nice.  And I forgot to give you points for your articles, you will see those soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum