See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 16, 2024, 06:28:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Hey!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 516 times)
DX
Level 1 Poster

Wicked

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2007, 12:36:19 pm »

I just decided to join here today - a regular member on a forum for the 2nd time since late 2005.  I am DX/Duxburian, virtually unheard of in the NIC, but ubiquitous in my other hobby.  My reputation in Nerf is weakly established - 2 years of regular membership at NH with 146 posts.  However, you should not judge a book by its cover - I have 5 active staff positions [11 lifetime] and roughly 6,200 combined quality posts [not counting additional hundreds that I wouldn't consider useful] in my other hobby.  I never went through a true "noob" stage in either Nerf or water warfare, as acting in such a manner was unnecessary.

I only own six or so Nerf guns, but have modded them all easily, as I am certainly no stranger to that.  I generally don't mod for that much raw power, as I don't like the current focus on amazing guns.  My preference is on fighting skill and ability, mainly team-based with none of the "lone wolf" fighting style that is so prevalent in modern organized Nerf wars.

I tend to make longer posts rather than shorter, usually by accident since I'm used to it.  The longest article I have ever written exceeded 16 printed pages, not including pictures.  I am currently working on a pair of guides consisting of potentially thousands of pages, as well as five websites.

I am just your average, everyday new member I guess... laugh

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

Shadow Militia Spec. Ops. and Commander-in-Chief.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:32:16 pm »

Only six guns. Ha. Good to have you here nevertheless. If you are into "water warfare," then you should try converting a Super Soaker into a Nerf gun for kicks.
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 03:46:59 pm »

He is big on super soakers.  And its cool.  Welcome here, I believe it was me that approved you this morning.
Report Spam   Logged
DX
Level 1 Poster

Wicked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 10:31:59 pm »

Only six guns. Ha.

Quality over quantity - I don't even use half of them [the RF 20, Tek Ten, and Mav are weak].  As of right now, the LS, mega NF, and literally-being-modded-at-the-moment second NF are the only ones I need.

If you are into "water warfare," then you should try converting a Super Soaker into a Nerf gun for kicks.

Manufactured water guns are far too valuable for such a conversion.  $60 for a Crossbow is a lot to a nerfer, but $60 for certain water guns is a great bargain.  Homemades are where you do that.  I have built a quite a few homemades with hybrid functionality.  However, since homemades are banned at every Nerf war I have attended except my own local things, hybrid functions go unused.
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:11:50 pm »

Quality over quantity - I don't even use half of them [the RF 20, Tek Ten, and Mav are weak].  As of right now, the LS, mega NF, and literally-being-modded-at-the-moment second NF are the only ones I need.
Good answer. What I was hoping for, actually. Still, I think a little variety couldn't hurt.
Manufactured water guns are far too valuable for such a conversion.  $60 for a Crossbow is a lot to a nerfer, but $60 for certain water guns is a great bargain.  Homemades are where you do that.  I have built a quite a few homemades with hybrid functionality.  However, since homemades are banned at every Nerf war I have attended except my own local things, hybrid functions go unused.
I don't see how a commercial water gun for about $10-20 is too valuable to be converted, but then again it's up to the individual. Not like anyone wants to wreck a tricked-out CPS 21K.
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 04:49:42 pm »

Thats what he is talking about.  I think we are more talking the FlashFlood.  Which wars have you been too?  And if its a smaller war, I think homemades should be fine.  And Alpha what are you talking about, you aren't even a mod.
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »

Thats what he is talking about.  I think we are more talking the FlashFlood.  Which wars have you been too?  And if its a smaller war, I think homemades should be fine.  And Alpha what are you talking about, you aren't even a mod.
What are you talking about? I did nothing to suggest I was a moderator.
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:15:23 pm »

Just try not to try and act superior.  I am going to crack down here, after all we have been bashed on a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:38:10 pm »

Just try not to try and act superior.
But in doing what? Nothing I just did implies that I'm superior to anyone here.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:30:07 am »

Cole he did nothing. Cool your jets....He did not impliy that he is superior. Besides no one is superior to anyone around here, we are all humans(that I know of) and none of us are better than the other.

A MOD or Admin's job is to keep the fourms at a balance, and to correct where correction can be made. You don't need to enforce everything. OK?
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:05 am »

Alright, I'll cool for a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Foam: Total War
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 07:45:19 pm »

Cole he did nothing. Cool your jets....He did not impliy that he is superior. Besides no one is superior to anyone around here, we are all humans(that I know of) and none of us are better than the other.

A MOD or Admin's job is to keep the fourms at a balance, and to correct where correction can be made. You don't need to enforce everything. OK?

Hehe..about that....

Just kidding. Good one, Mega.

-Foam cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum