See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
March 28, 2024, 08:13:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Yay for Books!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yay for Books!  (Read 622 times)
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 03:13:06 pm »

I know exactly what you mean... Kids nowadays are going for the  :shocked:egads! shocked bad halo books and other stupid game-based books. I like his style and cant think of anything negative about him.

Resident evil, the book.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 03:57:41 pm »

I'm not a fan of Tolkien; I read the Lord of the Rings books and didn't really like them. But maybe the Hobbit is better...I never read it.

As far as books for younger kids, my favorite was the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate. It had a cool concept, and was pretty well written. I particularly liked the descriptions of first-time morphs.

Other series that I read (and still read) were The Seventh Tower and Keys to the Kingdom, both by Garth Nix.

For the somewhat more mature reader, I like the Star Wars novels; I own all of them except the newest. The only one I really didn't like was Children of the Jedi, but I loved the X-Wing series, the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, the Thrawn trilogy, and Traitor (which is the only book I really liked that occurs after Vector Prime).

Also, I just started buying the old Battletech books. The Legend of the Jade Falcon trilogy is awesome.

Oh, and the Robotech books are pretty cool, too. I still have to find (if I remember correctly) about five more of them, though, and they are hard to find.  sad

PS: I read the first four Halo books, and thought they weren't that bad. I particularly liked the space battles...MAC guns for the win!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 04:00:19 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »

Hey!  Halo books are really good.  Star Wars books are good too.
Report Spam   Logged
Foam: Total War
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 06:16:26 pm »

Oh my god I can't believe I forgot Halo books! Don't think they are bad just because they're based off of a game! (I agree totally with Jwasko; MACs FTW!) The Star Wars books are pretty good, I only read one but it was cool.

Cole, the Ender quartet is better than Bean's in some ways but I still liked the Bean one better (despite what my friend and I call the "Petra part" when we have to express it somehow). I don't know, it's just kind of freaky and sad when Ender totally withdraws from the world in Children of the Mind.

EDIT: Okay I finished Children of the Mind and I think that might even rival Ender's game. I don't know maybe im just a sucker for happy endings.

I also agree with Jwasko that the Jade falcon series rocks, although unfortunately it has too much...mature stuff that I really wish some good books didnt have. An example of this is The Sixth Fleet: Tomcat (has nothing to do with F-14s somehow). Yeah read that one anyway it Rocks. (Fun: 8/10 Difficuly: 4/10)

-Foam cool (books rule)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:59:24 am by Foam: Total War » Report Spam   Logged
robonerfer
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 02:48:17 pm »

I love the animorphs books. I only read about 5, even though there are 50-something.
The star wars books rule.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum