See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 19, 2024, 12:34:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

A Successful Campaign

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Successful Campaign  (Read 511 times)
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:18:33 pm »

A Successful Campaign-

To run a successful campaign or team there are several things that must occur.  They are good teamwork, good training, and good planning.  These topics will be covered in detail throughout the rest of this report.  Every team or group of people playing against another group of people should know and use these things.

The first thing required to run a good campaign is a good teamwork.  Good teamwork is required because for a team to meld, that is work as one for one goal, they must all know what is going on and work with each other.  Every team should know what’s going on and how to accomplish it.  Every teammate should help every other teammate.  A team must have good skills in this area to be very successful.

Good training is required for every member of every team.  Individual members should be specialized in one area.  These areas are long range, close range, and medium range.  All members should also be able to hold their own in a medium range engagement.  Each member should select 2-3 primaries and 3-4 secondary weapons to practice with.  Each member should be proficient in the knowledge and fixing of all weapons they will use.  They must also be able to decently accurately guess any weapon they encounters range and rate of fire.  The last and most overlooked area of training is to review film of previous games and scenarios.  This viewing allows members to see how certain situations can be passed through.  Reviewing film can also teach members certain aspects of weapons, such as proper use, or correct range use.

Good planning for war games is almost required for a secure win or victory.  Good planning is achieved by proper review of all players participating, weapons check, and a field check.  The need to review players participating is necessary because it will allow those reviewing to get inside the head of the player being reviewed.  Being able to guess, or read, the actions of players in the game will allow the members that reviewed players to take a good guess at player’s actions.  Such as guessing what that player will do when they are rushed while reloading, or so on.  A weapons check is vital to a player’s performance.  A player may make the weapon, but the weapon is what allows the player to play.  A functioning weapon may be the difference between victory and defeat.  All weapons that may be used should be checked and double-checked for functionality.  A field check is required so that players can get to know and use the field properly.  Each member of a team should be able to recall most of the field by memory.  A field check will also allow members to discover lines of sight or weak lines.  Most flanking moves rely on the field.

A successful campaign is pulled off by a team that has the best teamwork, training, and planning.  All should be taken into consideration equally.  Luck may be a good help in these situations, but preparation is a much better crutch to lean upon.  Every team should practice these things so that they may be successful in whatever campaign or game is attended by or participated in.

-General Cole
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:23:17 pm »

.......Awe.........Awe......Awe........Awe.....Awe.....Awe....Awe..

I especially like the part about knowing(geussing) a weapons range, accuracy, rate of fire, etc,

Good job!!

--guinea 
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:17:04 pm »

Thanks,  Oh, and the rights for the material is mine, don't copy it to post somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:36:37 pm »

I'd never do that..

I pulled a falcon today, i had a head start and built a *Censored* point, there was a pistol 10 darts and a pair of binoculars in it. And, i used it!
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:47:59 pm »

Pulled a falcon, you turreted something?  Because that is what a falcon is.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:28:04 pm »

No, at a war falcon dropped a pistol and retreated and use it. i cant find the thread on the haven.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 08:59:08 pm »

Cool, I'll add this to the main site ASAP.
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

Shadow Militia Spec. Ops. and Commander-in-Chief.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 09:01:47 pm »

I've already applied this and then some, but still a good reference. I know my primaries and sidearms completely, from ROF to range to accuracy. Since I play indoors most of the time, I can't use the high-powered guns in my arsenal. That means arcing the weak ones. I have the dart drop and windage compensation for my DTG, LNL, CF, NF, BBB, BS, and DSP all memorized. That's especially important if you have to hit something that's out of range of a flat shot. When you know how much the dart will fall, you know how much you need to angle the gun to compensate. Even windage and elevation (though usually not the latter) play roles. Wind will throw your darts way off depending on the velocities of the dart and wind, and the quality of the dart itself.
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:11:26 pm »

I usually watch armageddon from 03, 04, 01, and 06.  I watch Yano 03, and 04.  I then watch both of groove's vids.
Report Spam   Logged
robonerfer
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 04:18:53 pm »

What's a DSP? huh
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum