See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 19, 2024, 01:38:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

How to enter the Haven? Help!

Poll
Question: How should I start posting in Nerf Haven?
Come in with my new Nerf Cannon - 2 (22.2%)
Just start posting in threads - 3 (33.3%)
Come in with one or more of my mods. Even if they are newbie mods - 4 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How to enter the Haven? Help!  (Read 835 times)
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 03:18:57 pm »

Any other suggestions, add them here please. And, anyone think I won't survive there? I think my grammar and capitalization is good enough.

If this is posted twice, I will delete one. My browser is screwing up my posting.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:48:10 pm »

Post your cannon. and your grammar's fine, there's people there who just capitalize the first letter.
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »

I have over 100 posts and knowone has ever yelled at me.

Just think your posts through, and obsessively check your spelling before you post.  grin
Report Spam   Logged
sam
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:08:11 pm »

If you want my opinion, your not ready for "The Haven" yet.  Finish your cannon, post it here, then post it on the "The Haven."
Report Spam   Logged
Foam: Total War
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »

I'd say come in with your best mod because those guys like you more if you start off with a good mod as your first post (unless it's like an unoriginal NF mod, then they wont just flame you, they'll drop a firebomb on you while throwing a running flamethrower that's on fire at you). For long posts, copy and paste into word for spellcheck, and make sure your posts aren't useless, like: thats cool man. good job. or: that guys an idiot. Other than the occasional nutjob, you'll be fine if you just don't do anything stupid.

-Foam cool
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:50:13 pm »

Just post them all once you get them done.  All at once, in a flurry of good posts.
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 08:10:32 pm »

Just post them all once you get them done.  All at once, in a flurry of good posts.

They wont mind re-done mods? They are pretty much exactly the same stuff that has been posted before, only by a different user.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 09:45:59 am »

Just go for it, contribute a mod that hasn't been done, or a re-thought one with some extra(Huh).
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 01:34:13 pm »

Just go for it, contribute a mod that hasn't been done, or a re-thought one with some extra(Huh).

None of mine are different or extra... I guess I will use my CPVC/PVC breech. That hasn't been done before right? My is just PVC and CPVC, no foam craft sheet or anything else.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:23:40 pm »

I don't see any problems with you posting there, really...I mean, none of my firsts posts were spectacular. Truthfully, none of my posts since then are that spectacular, either.

Random tips:
  • Be sure to use proper spelling/grammar; a word processor is excellent for ensuring quality posts in that respect.
  • Don't create many threads asking questions...one every once in a  (long) while is alright, but no more than that. And, be sure to search thoroughly before asking. That search feature is there for a reason!
  • Never revive an old topic unless you have important info to give (not a question to ask).
  • If you have a specific question about an older modification, PM the creator.

But, if you want to come in "with a bang:"

Good writeups are always appreciated; writeups and actually going to wars probably get you the most respect since those are some of the best ways to "further the cause."

If it's just a same old-same old NF rebarreling, I think NH has enough writeups of those. But, if you see a writeup for another blaster that you think you could do better, I see nothing wrong with making a new one.

If you don't have a good writeup, you could still post the mod in the  Modification/paintjob Pictures thread.  It's probably one of the better first posts as it shows you at least know the basics. It doesn't really matter that they are unoriginal.

The Homemades Picture Thread isn't a bad choice for your cannon.

So, in summary: you should at least post pictures of your mods and finished cannon in the appropriate picture threads. Also, a writeup wouldn't hurt.

PS: Have you searched for a CPVC/PVC breech over there? Do you have your account yet?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:37:10 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:44:47 pm »

Random tips:

The Homemades Picture Thread isn't a bad choice for your cannon.

So, in summary: you should at least post pictures of your mods and finished cannon in the appropriate picture threads. Also, a writeup wouldn't hurt.

PS: Have you searched for a CPVC/PVC breech over there? Do you have your account yet?

I do have my account already, had it for sometime now, and is that forumn for finished ones? My cannon just needs a stupid vavle but no one wants to drive me.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 04:03:05 pm »

I think that, generally, it is for finished homemades.

Also, here is what the "tubeless tire valve" is probably supposed to be:

These are "tubeless," I believe, because they are not pre-installed in bicycle innertube.

I recommend going to Advance Auto Parts to get them, if possible...they have the valves on their website, and I think that's where I bought mine (though I can't remember for sure).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:05:24 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »

I think that, generally, it is for finished homemades.

Also, here is what the "tubeless tire valve" is probably supposed to be:

These are "tubeless," I believe, because they are not pre-installed in bicycle innertube.

I recommend going to Advance Auto Parts to get them, if possible...they have the valves on their website, and I think that's where I bought mine (though I can't remember for sure).

So you recommend this over the schrader valve? I can get either one. Also, would I need to seal the valve or is it already air tight?
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 04:19:44 pm »

1. This is a shrader valve. It works (and is sized) exactly like the ones in bike innertube. It just has more...I don't know..."body" to it. "Schrader" just refers to how the valve works, and/or the size of the fitting.

2. The valve itself is air tight, but you'll have to make sure that the seam between the valve and whatever you put in (for instance, a PVC endcap) is airtight.

I wish I were home right now...I would take a picture of what I did. Unfortunately, I won't be home until Wednesday of next week.

But, maybe this will help. Take a look at the 4th picture down. CXWQ put the valve in the side of an elbow, but you can use the sam method to put it in an (at least 3/4") endcap (which is what I did).
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 04:41:23 pm »

1. This is a shrader valve. It works (and is sized) exactly like the ones in bike innertube. It just has more...I don't know..."body" to it. "Schrader" just refers to how the valve works, and/or the size of the fitting.

2. The valve itself is air tight, but you'll have to make sure that the seam between the valve and whatever you put in (for instance, a PVC endcap) is airtight.

I wish I were home right now...I would take a picture of what I did. Unfortunately, I won't be home until Wednesday of next week.

But, maybe this will help. Take a look at the 4th picture down. CXWQ put the valve in the side of an elbow, but you can use the sam method to put it in an (at least 3/4") endcap (which is what I did).

Thanks again... So I should attach it to the 4" PVC end cap at the back of the air tank?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum