See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 19, 2024, 05:53:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Pure CPVC and PVC Breech!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pure CPVC and PVC Breech!  (Read 757 times)
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:45 am »

Here it is... I finished this bad boy in like, July, and am posting now because I have no school. So, here is what you need. To do this, you only need the 1/2" PVC, 1/2" CPVC, and a Dremel, but I like the other stuff because of my large hands.
  • 1/2" CPVC barrel (attached firmly to a gun)
  • 1/2" PVC *not thin wall*
  • 1/2" PVC coupler
  • 1" PVC coupler
  • 3/4" PVC T coupler
  • Dremel

Here is what you are building...

First Step:  Attach the 1/2" PVC coupler into the 3/4" PVC T coupler... Then the 1" PVC coupler on the the T coupler. It should all fit very snug, like a 1/2" CPVC and 1/2" PVC coupler.

Step 2: Take 5 inches of 1/2" PVC and cut a hole into it. The size can vary depending on the size of your dart. Mine is about 2" to accommodate all dart sizes.

Step 3: Dremel the 1/2" PVC out. This took me about 20 minutes because my Dremel doesn't work well under pressure and heats up very fast. If you have a drill or something you could probably make that work, but my Dremel's sanding drum is the perfect size. You are going to need to smooth the opening where you cut it before so the darts don't rip when you put them in.

Step 4: Cut the same size hole into your CPVC barrel. Should be close.
Step 5: Attach your 1/2" PVC to the T coupler, and couplers. This step isn't necessary but I like it because it is a quick way to open/close the breech.

DONE!

Open breech:

Closed:
(That red blur is my little brother)

Edit: After you sand your 1/2" PVC out, it should fit so snug that you here a squeak when you turn the breech.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:07:33 pm »

Nice writeup.

The only ambiguous thing is: how do you attach it to a blaster once you've made it?

I would assume that you just attach the CPVC to a coupler on the front of the blaster, but I'm not 100% on that.

Oh, and what's the rubber band (in the first picture) for?
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:54 pm »

Nice work! I suppose my question is the same as Jwasko, how do you hook it up to a gun?

Do you already have it on a gun? I can see some red thing it the first picture...I can't quite make out what it is though...
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

Shadow Militia Spec. Ops. and Commander-in-Chief.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:52:25 pm »

Nice work! I suppose my question is the same as Jwasko, how do you hook it up to a gun?

Do you already have it on a gun? I can see some red thing it the first picture...I can't quite make out what it is though...
LBB.
Not bad. The only problem is how and how long you have to sand the parts. A lathe would allow for a much cleaner version, and it has been working for me for a while. Props for the write-up, though.
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:18:59 pm »

Jwasko and Mega:
I think you mean how do you get the breech onto the gun/barrel? Easy, slide it on. When you sand the PVC out it should slide easily over the CPVC barrel. You can take it on and off and switch it to different guns. If you take away all the couplers, all it really is 1/2" PVC covering a CPVC barrel. The band is just to keep the 1" coupler attatched. I tend to pull hard on it so it falls off.

Shadow: Yes, a lathe would be much better but all I have is a dremel. This is supposed to be a poor man's breech for the people who only have a dremel and PVC/CPVC, like me. It took me about 5 minutes to sand the second breech because you basically shove the sanding drum into the PVC on both sides until you can slide it onto CPVC.
Report Spam   Logged
P.C. III
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:55:43 pm »

I just made one and it works ok, the diffrence is that the pvc rotates to seal it.

Its really leaky, but it works.
Report Spam   Logged
sourskittles772
Level 3 Poster

Clean ness

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 03:50:53 pm »

Sorry this is old but I have an important question. I never realized how eventually the cpvc closes but the pvc is still open. How is that.
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 05:12:33 pm »

Just for the people who are wondering... It isn't like a normal breech where you pull the CPVC forward. You just twist the PVC around and it covers the hole. It shouldn't leak that much because I only lost about 5 feet off my LBB. Just don't put this on a NF or anything weaker. T
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum