See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 20, 2024, 03:52:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Nerf P-90: the N-90

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nerf P-90: the N-90  (Read 602 times)
Foam: Total War
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2007, 01:13:35 pm »

Well, I was watching Stargate Atlantis and I saw the weapons they were using and they looked pretty cool. I remembered the name from some game, so I image searched it. Now I'm hooked on the P-90, and I got the idea to merge one of my favorite guns with one of my favorite hobbies. The product is this: the N-90. It's pretty much the exact same thing as a magstrike except a bit more tubing, a shorter clip, and a different shell. That's one thing that gets me excited about it; it has the potential to be a homemeade once I get the materials (unfortunately, that might be a while). But for now, I'm happy with sharing the concept.

This is a drawing of the insides superimposed on a real picture of a P-90:

And my sketches. The big one was done at school so I didnt have a template, it was just to enlarge the official picture (on the bottom):

That's it. Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

-Foam cool
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:38:19 pm »

Cool idea I don't see Stargate to often, but its always neat to see a Sci-fi nerf gun being attempted.

Its sure within the realm of possiblity too, the gun looks quite similar to the Magstrike. Granted, I'm not good enough to build something like this....I've tried building home-mades but it usually ends in frustration; and or; different ideas that don't work any better than the last. cheesy I'm not the most nimble or patient person in the world. grin

But your not me, (I'm sure your glad of that) so If you put your mind to it, I'm sure you could make this.

The only problem I see you running into would be finding parts, and perhaps making the clips.

Are you going to use orginal Mag-strike parts? Or are you going to start from scratch?

Keep me updated, I'd like to see how you progress on this.
Report Spam   Logged
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:36:45 am »

Well, I won't have to start from scratch since I designed the insides to be exactly like the MS with some extra tubing, so I'll just raid one of those. The case will be the hardest part. Another problem...I don't have a magstrike. If I was able to do this soon I would have put it in the Mods section to be edited. Maybe I can get the stuff for christmas, but I'm nearing my parental Nerf gun limit and I want a Recon. Plus, the project would need large PVC and ABS plastic with CS-like skills. Ah well, maybe I'll finish it when I'm in college  tongue. Although, one of the more intrepid members might want to attempt it (hint hint).

-Foam cool
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 09:09:55 am »

Boomie has the skills to probably do it...He has not been around to much lately though.

Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:39:08 am »

This isn't a Sci-fi gun, It's used by the Belgian special forces, due to there small size and high capacity magazine (50 rounds).
Report Spam   Logged
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 04:33:37 pm »

Not to mention the fact that they designed it. They use it in Stargate Atlantis and SG-1 (I've heard) because, as one site said, the just scream Sci-Fi. Guinea, I just noticed your quote, and it would kind of be a compromise for Gore because it would be bad for the environment but we could power our fuel cell cars with the remains of the planet  wink.

-Foam cool
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 09:11:06 pm »

The P-90 is basically a fully automatic pistol that loads like a Sci-fi gun. It uses 9mm rounds with a very large capactiy (50 i think it is). It uses a straight as a ruler clip and loads in on the top.  If you look at the pump in the picture, thats where the clip would go, just on the outside. It doesnt move either and is extremely light for a gun. Just to let you guys know.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »

Nope, it fires 5.7x28mm rounds.
Report Spam   Logged
nerfingnoob
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 05:29:29 pm »

Nope, it fires 5.7x28mm rounds.

Which is pretty close to a pistol round/9mm.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 06:21:30 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:57_lineup.jpg

Looks bigger to me..
Report Spam   Logged
ShadowHunterAlpha
Level 2 Poster

Shadow Militia Spec. Ops. and Commander-in-Chief.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:38:08 pm »

The 9mm and 5.7mm ARE NOT the same cartridge. Not even close. Be sure of what you say before you say it.

The FN P-90, or Fabrique Nationale de Herstel P-90 SMG, has several properties that present problems to us.
1) The ammunition is stored perpendicular to the axis of motion, meaning that the bullets move and are fired along the length of the gun, but are pointing to the sides of the magazine while in storage.
2) To orient the ammunition, the P-90 uses a double-helix feed ramp. This is a DNA-like shape that forces the ammunition to rotate at the end of the magazine before being chambered. This is difficult to get perfect and still have the follower travel along it.
3) The overall shape of the gun is not ideal for our methods of reproduction, unless you, like me, use resin casting. But that is still a tedious process.
Report Spam   Logged
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 12:34:34 pm »

Well, I knew about how it chambers and fires the rounds and i tried to work that clip shape in the desogn, but it just wouldn't fit in any way. I decided on using just the magstrike clip style except sideways (that can be hady because theclip wont fall back in if you stop firing hlafway through). And yes, as I said SHA, the case will be very hard to make unless you have vast resources like Boltsniper or CS. I was just hoping somebody someday would see this and try to get it working  undecided. BTW, I found a cool new Role Playing site called the Menagerie at www.themenagerie.freeforums.com. If you join tell an admin that the Juggernaut invited you.

-Foam tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum