See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 20, 2024, 04:49:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Nerf Recon

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nerf Recon  (Read 639 times)
The lord of fish
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:27:55 am »

So in a successful attempt to find a recond I accquired one

Pros:
clip fed pistol
Looks cool
Better range than a maverick
Detachable stuff
Not so usless barrel extension
working Iron sights

Cons:
Flimsy stock
Hard to reach Air restricter
useless in a large war (until modded for decent ranges)
Bulky
Bad range

So The first thing I hated about the recon was the stock, But with some wood and a saw and some glue that was fixed. Another thing was its range, It lacks range to by my worth clip fed uber tastic pistol, but its still cool.  I can get you some picture of the fixed stock. Anyone with some balsa wood, hotglue and half a brain can do this. All in all, a great idea, buit lacks in range department. I can get 50 feet with a stefan if I ramrod it down the plunger.

Should you buy it:
Yes, because its ubertastic
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:04:25 pm »

in my opinion the nerf recon is a large heavy over-rated pistol. for starters, it looks awesme on the box, but as you open it you find the barrel stinks and that there is no need for an armrest unless you are a midget. also the bullets easily jam beacause of the whole clip fed aspect. That's just my view.
Report Spam   Logged
Deaddumpster
Taco Enthusiast
Level 3 Poster

OMYGODIMONFIRE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:57:35 pm »

This thread's almost two months old, don't necro threads! Oh, and they're called darts around here, don't say bullets if you want people to like you much. Plus, capitalization is your friend.

I love my Recon, I'm working on an Angel breech at the moment and an industrial spring for it. Just with AR removal and compression trick I get nice ranges and velocity. It's never jammed on me and I hate the Maverick, so I'm happy there's a nice replacement. I found beating the crap out of the AR with a screwdriver and hammer worked very well.
Report Spam   Logged
Foam: Total War
Level 3 Poster

I rock.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:20:31 am »

Finally, someone who actually appreciates the Recon! Practically everyone, noob to webmaster, is trashing it on NH. The configuration is barely any different from the longshot, so an Angel breech seems very plausible. Also, despite the fact that you can't really replace the spring, you can re-enforce the stock and add another spring behind. Along with the spring compression trick and a sufficiently long barrel, I can see the Recon getting at least 60' flat, possibly up to 80'. You might think that's not very good seeing as an extremely well modded NF can get about that much, but the RC is clip fed for goodness sake! It makes up for its decreased ranges compared to the LS by being much lighter; I can easily carry it on a strap, my NF in a holster and a primary and still be quite mobile. Oh, and I modded my Recon with just an AR removal and spring compression mod and it gets about 7' less than my noobishly barrel modded/AR busted LS. However, it is exremely accurate no matter what dart I use (even my horrible CDTS's that don't even have weights), whereas the LS fires even the best darts in random loopy and swerving patterns.

BTW, a 1/2 inch drill bit fits in the barrel perfectly and it can take out the AR in less than a minute. Thanks Captain Slug!

Well, that's my rant. Expect to see a whole topic about this pop up on the Haven soon. I just really think the RC is being underestimated.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:02:20 pm »

Actually, OfAllTheNerf just posted the (so far) ultimate RC modification over on NH. I don't think he posted ranges yet, but it looks to be fairly promising. You should check it out.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum