See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 18, 2024, 07:25:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Do the "Impossible"

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do the "Impossible"  (Read 811 times)
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:42:51 pm »

Edit: The blue writing should read " 7 is back at his base, but can quickly rush forward to the depicted area."

At my first Nerf war, the above was a common occurrence. The objective was to make it to the Blue's base (not shown) and then capture their flag; for starters, however, I'd settle for how to get to "Bunker, part 2"

The light blue is at a somewhat lower level than the gray.

The pink asterisk indicates a closet. It is very dark in there, and so (if you stay back from the entrance) it will be difficult (though not impossible) for your opponents to see you. It's also a good place to duck into while trying to get through "no man's land."  Oh, and it's only big enough for (maybe) two people.

Black lines are generally places where you can't go through (like walls and locked doors). The only exception is the black line between Blue 2 and Blue 3; it is actually not a floor-to-ceiling wall (so it can be shot over), but it is too high to jump over (you would almost certainly break your leg upon landing)

Green are obstacles like chairs, couches, and overturned tables (they can be jumped and/or shot over)

At the right entrance to the "bunker" is an open door. It is possible to stand behind this door and shoot through the space between the door and the door jam (where the hinges are).

On the Reds' armament:
1= AT2k with PETG turret; extremely inaccurate. This is me, by the way.
2= Stock RF20; horrible range/accuracy.
3= RF20 with CPVC turret; slightly better range than the other.
4= Singled Titan; not that good of range for a Titan, and fair-to-bad accuracy.
5= Another, similar Titan.
6&7= don't really matter in this situation; they're either out of the game, or strictly base guards (Red base not shown)

I'm not to sure about most of the Blues' armament (I was Red, after all), but...For the Blues:
1=Nite Finder (I think)
2= Modified Blast Bazooka (Note: Blue two is serving as a "sniper")
3=Turreted SM1500
4=Nite Finder (mostly a guess)
5=Nite Finder (mostly a guess)
6=Couplered, telescoping brass Big Bad Bow (Also note: accurate/precise like you can't even imagine)
7=I don't think I ever even saw this guy...we'll just say he had a DTG.

Also note:
If the Reds make it into/near the "Bunker," Blues 1,4,5, and 6 will move to their prime (') positions (for example, 5 moves away from the door and takes cover at 5')

Additionally, if the "Bunker" is taken, the blues will fall back to the "Bunker, part 2" area.

Important rule:
Everyone has infinite lives, but every time they are hit they must count to 15 as well as go back to their flag to "respawn." Let's say that (at their present positions) it takes about 30 seconds to run to either base and then back to their present position.

So...any ideas of how to push the Blues back and take the "Bunker, part 2" position?

PS: Yes, I know: the Red team sucks. But, that's what we had (after a randomized team assignment).
Too bad my AT2k's barrels were so unstable...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:49:04 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

P.C. III
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:52:18 pm »

Push them back to there base and "starve" them? Play cat and mouse? no matter how inaccurate it is a singled titan will scare the *enter curse of choice here* out of you, so post them at places you dont want blues.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:04:28 pm »

What do you mean by "starve?"

I don't know that anyone was scared of the Titans...though, actually, we didn't use them too much except to try to counter Blue 2. I think that, otherwise, those two Reds were using pistols of some sort...I wish I could remember what everyone had, exactly, but this was almost two months ago, now.

I think I may have made one guy a little wary around my 2k, though...in the last round that I could use my 2k in (the last round of the day was pistols only) I shot him in the back with my 2k from about 3 feet away as he was running past me. Later, he showed me the huge red mark on his back...I felt bad.  sad

By the by, what do you think of this arena/field? I have mixed feelings: in principal and potential it's awesome, but in practice I always felt kind of closed in and unable to dodge fire. I got hit three times in a row by Blue 6 when he was in his prime (') position! And later, he did something similar except our places were reversed and he was using a DTG instead of a BBB. I tell ya, those abilities aren't natural!

Although, it may just be that I'm getting old and slow.  cheesy

PS: Did I mention that I was the one that loaned him the BBB and taught him how to use it just before the round depicted above started? Ungrateful kids these days...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:10:31 pm by jwasko » Report Spam   Logged
Duck_slayer
I'm all alone in arkensaw
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:11:42 pm »

Take 2 and 3 and do a quick swat turn around the door frame *note send a guard with them like say one of the titans*, then send them to take out blue 3 and 6 with 40 darts it shouldn't be that hard even if a sacrifice is made.  Move up the rest and use titans as harassement fire to 2 and 7.  Saying that you have one rf20 left.  Take him in and take out the sniper.  Take out 7 & get flag then run like a chicken with it's head cut off back to ur base and get ready for the volly of fire.  This is clearly speculation, mind you I am a very visual person so i'm not sure this will work but as stated it is an idea.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:29:54 pm »

Yeah, I really think we should have rushed more...(considering your idea as a series of highly refined rushes).

In reality, we eventually took the "Bunker" by first taking out a few Blues (say, 5 and 3) and then rushing and (with a lot of luck) taking out Blues 1 and 4 before the others could get back).

Unfortunately, we were then pinned down and separated...we left one or two Reds to stay where Reds 1-3 began, while the other three or four try to hold the bunker.

Unfortunately, we could never advance past the first bunker thanks to Blue 6' and others on the left, as well as Blue 2 and 3 keeping up the suppressing fire on the right. And, eventually, they would catch us understaffed (during respawning) and force us back once more.

Of course, even if we had made it into the second "Bunker," we still would have had about a fifty yard dash to the next point of fortification (a wall of boxes, if I can recall from the one time I even got close to it), followed by another 30-50 feet to the flag (which, lest we forget, is actually up on a stage).

Man, we never even came close...
Report Spam   Logged
General Cole
General
Level 5 Poster

Nerf On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:30 am »

You need a Pecan and a really accurate rifle (Crossbow/4B) or the situation revolves around luck.  Or being amazingly fast and nimble and getting away with lots of barrel taps.
Report Spam   Logged
Aguineapig
Level 3 Poster

The tard of the universe!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 08:41:51 am »

mag strike would do wonders in there..
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 09:45:48 am »

mag strike would do wonders in there...

I have one, but I can't get the darn backplates off of the clips...

Cole:

Oh, I have ideas for a salvo-type weapon...big ideas.  evil Just gotta get some check valves, polycarbonate, and assorted tubing connections, and then I will be ready to begin my masterpiece.

And, actually, I am making a ball barrel for my titan...just gotta find the time (and a method) to attach it securely to the Titan. I got a bucket of those practice golf balls for Christmas that I am eager to try out.  grin
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:23 am »

Modding the Mag-strike clips is alittle tricky...The worst part is being careful not to break them. Your intelligent Jwasko, and you do decent Mods...If I did it you can. grin

Its all worth it though, range is vastly improved with CPVC barrel replacement.

I need to update my Mag-Strike clip Mod and add it to the main site.
Report Spam   Logged
Duck_slayer
I'm all alone in arkensaw
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:40:00 am »

I wish i had a mag-strike but alas i am saving up for the vulcan.
But really I have helped someone mod a ms and it didn't seem that hard.  grin
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »

What Mods did you do on it? Did you Mod the clips or the gun itself?
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 02:49:59 pm »

Modding the Mag-strike clips is alittle tricky...The worst part is being careful not to break them. Your intelligent Jwasko, and you do decent Mods...If I did it you can. grin

I used a knife to try and pry them off, and have been partially successful; I  loosened from the top to about the second barrel, as well as a little of the bottom (but not far enough to even get to the 10th barrel). In trying to move further toward the middle of the clip from the top, I have only succeeded in straining the plastic (as shown by a white line visible from the exterior), and I can't do anything to the bottom.

Maybe some lighter fluid will dissolve the glue enough to weaken it...
Report Spam   Logged
aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 11:16:24 pm »

Ya know there is super glue destroyer. You should be able to get it at any hardware store.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 11:48:22 am »

Hmm, it's a possibility but I'd be a little worried that it might dissolve the plastic.

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll check it out.
Report Spam   Logged
aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:48:25 pm »

Naw it just melts away super glue like hot butter through a knife................................wait...................
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum