See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
April 19, 2024, 01:49:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Aamiller's SF Review

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aamiller's SF Review  (Read 1114 times)
aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2008, 03:49:15 pm »

Hello this is my second review I would like consructive criticism. Let's get cracking!

The SF (split fire for those too stupid to look it up) is a gun Nerf realeased in, 2000 I believe.

Range: 8/10 Very exeptional stock. Even better once you cover up the holes in the barrel. I can hit 50 feet with mine using stefans.

Modability 4/10: One of the reasons this score is so low is beacause of the lack of supply for these guns. With this gun it is only a buyers market. Another reason is because the pump easily breaks when out of position.

Durability 10/10: This guns durability is great! Just before I bought it I learned it had been dropped off of a large tree right oto the sidewalk. Nothing. This gun also took the plunge with me off of my bike (see EBAY mods in mods section).

Accuracy 8.5/10: This guns accuracy is very good but mine seems to strangely fire the second dart about 4 feet further than the first one. Odd....

Affordability 6/10: This gun can go anywhere from high teens to mid-forties. I even saw one on EBAY a while back that went for $67. If you can actually get one of these guns keep it safe!

Total:36.5/50
Buy this gun if you have the chance!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:52:21 pm by Deaddumpster » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sam
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:10:02 pm »

First, don't attack the people that are reading your review.  If it just so happens that they don't know what SF stands for, tell them, or point them in the right direction.  If you recall, you didn't know what a SNAP was, yet I didn't make fun of you.

Modability should be higher.   The fact that they are hard to find has nothing to do whether they are easy to mod, or if there are a lot of mods for them.  Also I've never heard of them having pump problems so you may want to say that it is a rare problem.

You just said you had a problem with a the pump, so saying durability is a 10/10 is a bit unbelievable.  Also they are known for having faulty valves that tend to leak if not treated properly.

When modded properly, ie new, longer barrels, it is a lot more accurate and more consistent from both barrels.

Also I'd say its not very affordable.  I managed to get both of mine for under $30 shipped, but now you'd be hard pressed to find one under $40, not including shipping.

Finally, you gave it a rating of a C.  I suggest making some categories worth less than others instead of making everything out of 10.
Report Spam   Logged
aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:26:17 pm »

Ok thanks man thats exactly what I needed. I'm going to try a different format for my next review. But where did I say I had a pump problem?
Report Spam   Logged
sam
Level 1 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 06:28:31 pm »

Modability 4/10: One of the reasons this score is so low is beacause of the lack of supply for these guns. With this gun it is only a buyers market. Another reason is because the pump easily breaks when out of position.
Report Spam   Logged
aamiller123
Level 2 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 03:19:27 pm »

No, almost 4 of my friends have broken their pumps just by taking them out. A freak coincedence? I think not....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum