See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
August 19, 2022, 01:55:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

My ls and NF

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My ls and NF  (Read 329 times)
Duck_slayer
I'm all alone in arkensaw
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »

My NF

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:24:13 pm »

Cool, Duck_Slayer.

May I ask what you did to each gun and the ranges, particularly the LS. (I'm not asking for a writeup, just a quick list)

And am I crazy or is that LS barrel really long?

I read on NH that the volume of the barrel should not exceed the volume of the...uh, the thing that the plunger moves through (can't remember what it's called). It has to do with pressure. But basically the effect is that if your barrel is equal or greater in volume then your dart will slow before exiting the barrel and thus decrease range.

Oh, and how is the accuracy of the LS over long distances?

Sorry for all the questions.
Report Spam   Logged
Duck_slayer
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 09:30:43 pm »

Not a problem:  On the NF I removed the ar's did a barrel replacement/nesting, and I did a reinforcement. On the Ls I did angels modd except I used petg instead of brass as for the ranges they are better because it has a better seal and the petg is nested inside the barrel so it gets good ranges I nottice little difference between 20' and 60' accuracy wise so all in all I'm glad I did the mod.
Report Spam   Logged
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »

Wow Angel's mod is complicated: good job that you even finished it without breaking anything, let alone got good results.

Not a problem:  On the NF I removed the ar's did a barrel replacement/nesting, and I did a reinforcement. On the Ls I did angels modd except I used petg instead of brass as for the ranges they are better because it has a better seal and the petg is nested inside the barrel so it gets good ranges I nottice little difference between 20' and 60' accuracy wise so all in all I'm glad I did the mod.

Otherwise (concerning the LS):

1. I didn't know you could nest PETG inside each other, as is required in Angel's mod. Hmm...unless you mean you used PETG just for the barrel and the bolt was still made with brass

2. If I read that right, you got the same amount of accuracy at 60' that you get at 20'. That's pretty good.

3. What darts are you using with the LS? I'd assume stefans since "streamline" darts are awful for accuracy.

Again, good job.
Report Spam   Logged
Duck_slayer
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:55:22 pm »

Yeah it took me about 3 days to do it right.  And I used petg for the barrel for a less-friction material.  I use the sefans can make/find.
Report Spam   Logged
Lance
Level 2 Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:05:19 am »

Just a tip, I wouldn't use so many rubber bands on that NF, theres to many to count! shocked. My luck is with 1 big rubber band, I get mine at wal-mart, but office depot has better seletion.
Report Spam   Logged
OutBreak
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:19:28 pm »

Is the end of the longshot barell tilted down?
Report Spam   Logged
Megamannt92
Webmaster
Level 4 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 06:33:23 pm »

Just a tip, I wouldn't use so many rubber bands on that NF, theres to many to count!

Yeah. Its looks like you need to be really strong to cock the gun! I did one band and it broke my NF...I don't band my guns anymore. grin
Report Spam   Logged
Duck_slayer
Level 3 Poster

HI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:05:06 pm »

Really its 2 rubberbands and 2 hair thinggies I got from my cousin (I modded it at his house and we stole some of his sisters hair thinggies) so it's not as many as it looks.  And Indian no it is just the angle of the camera.
Report Spam   Logged
Lance
Level 2 Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:48:36 pm »

I see. Just something to think about to many rubber bands can actually reduce range.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum