See other nerf sites! Nerf HQ | NerfX | Nerf Haven | Foam: Total war

Archived-FU
November 26, 2022, 05:51:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SITE AND FORUM ARE MOVING!

PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.foamuniverse.com/forum/index.php

AND MAKE AN ACCOUNT!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Lanard Blast Bazooka

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lanard Blast Bazooka  (Read 3300 times)
jwasko
Level 3 Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 02:36:48 pm »

Well, what did you do to it? If you cut the stock barrel completely off, you're probably going to have to get some epoxy to gluethe CPVC on. And/or, you could do this:
http://thefoamfighters.smfforfree.com/topic/158.0.html with FBR
or this: http://nerfhaven.com/mods/haze_bb/ with wood.

If you have at least an inch or two of stock barrel left, here's a trick that I figured out. It may not be the best, but it works and the barrel seems straight. Plus, it's all easily reversible if you don't like it.

1. Get some 1/2" CPVC and PVC, a  1/2" CPVC coupler, and a 1/2" PVC coupler

2. Cut a 1" to 1.5" (can't remember, might even be longer) piece of PVC, then put it in your coupler. This piece of PVC needs to go all the way in, until it hits the little ledge inside the coupler. You may need a mallet to get it all the way in. (You may also want to cement that together with PVC cement or epoxy, but I didn't).

3. Now dremel sand down the inside of that piece of PVC that you just put in the coupler so that it just barrely fits on the end of your stock barrel. Note that it needs to be a tight fit. (you may want to epoxy this on, but I didn't). Oh, you want your barrel to be able to go all the way through the PVC (i.e. not just the first fraction of an inch)

4. Now, now take the CPVC coupler and stick it in the opposite side of the coupler (the side that has no PVC in it). Again, use a mallet to make sure that you get a good, tight fit. Now, slide the whole thing onto the stock barrel until it stops (it should hit against the CPVC coupler).

5. Make a barrel of desired length out of CPVC, and put it in the CPVC coupler. And that's pretty much it. You now have a CPVC, couplered barrel. Also, the coupler can come off the stock barrel if you want to change something (unless if you epoxy it on).

Of course, the couplered barrel also makes it breech loading. Because I didn't cut my stock barrel off at all, I actually drop my stefan into the stock barrel, then attach the CPVC barrel onto the end. I didn't measure ranges, by the way, but it seemed a little shorter than what I've heard sometimes. Of course, it was raining and I think my barrel's a little short.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

This site has been created by Jonas R. Wasilco.
Some fourm elements have been inspired by C:DOS Abandonware.

Like this fourm? Get your own!

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum